All drivers must be aged between 23 and 75 inclusive. Drivers aged between 21-23 and 75+ may be able to Hire but with additional charges, please call us for information
Driving Licences and History
Anyone who will be driving the goselfdrive.com vehicle must present a valid driving licence with their current address, in person, at the time of collection. No copies of licences will be accepted. Drivers aged between 23-75 must have held a full driving licence for at least 24 months. Two separate 3 point Convictions (eg for speeding) are accepted in the past 3 years
Please bring with you your Driving License (both parts if you have a photocard license) PLUS TWO recent (max 3 months old) forms of proof of address eg Utility Bill/Council Tax Statement to prove your address. Please note that these need to be in the drivers name and the same address as on the driving licence. The following will apply to all rental bookings for drivers who hold a UK mainland driver license issued by the DVLA.
- 1. On 8 June 2015, the paper counterpart to the photocard driving licence will not be valid and will no longer be issued by DVLA. The counterpart was introduced to display driving licence details that could not be included on the photocard. These details include some vehicle categories you are entitled to drive and any endorsement/penalty points. It will have no legal status and should be destroyed.
- 2. For rental bookings we will have to check your entitlements and endorsements using the DVLA “share my service“.
- 3. For us to be able to do this you should provide a unique code from the www.gov.uk website and share this with us when you pick up your vehicle. We use the code to validate your entitlements and endorsements.
- 4. Details on how to use the service can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes
- 5. IMPORTANT: You can only access this service 3 days prior to the vehicle pick up for the code to be valid to check your details.
If you are unable to generate the DVLA code you should bring along your NI number on collection and we will be only too happy to help you
All vehicles should be returned with the same amount of Fuel as when collected. The nearest Fuel stations in Frome can be found at :- Sainsbury's Petrol Station, Frome, BA11 4DH, Portway Filling Station, Frome, BA11 1RE, ASDA Frome, Warminster Road, Frome, BA11 5LA (24HR) The nearest Fuel station in Midsomer Norton can be found at :- Tesco, Old Mills, Paulton, Bristol BS39 7SW Should vehicles be returned without the correct amount of Fuel this will be charged at 20 pence per litre over the pump price.
All prices include Fully Comprehensive Insurance, but this does not cover the contents of vehicles, punctures, windscreen damage, door mirror damage or damage sustained through contact with stationery objects for example - damage caused by hitting a wall. The Insurance excess in these instances will be £500.00 of which £200.00 is paid on each hire as a deposit. THIS WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL ON THE RETURN OF THE VEHICLE IN GOOD CONDITION, WITH ALL ADDITIONAL EXTRAS AND CORRECT AMOUNT OF FUEL. All Vans and Trucks are not covered by insurance for damage above cab height